My hair is a little grayer - who cares?
My hips are a little wider - who cares? (ok maybe I do a little but that's not a 40 thing, it's a french fry thing)
My smiles has a few lines around it and my eyes have some crow's feet - who cares?
I don't run as fast any more - who cares? (ok, you caught me - I've never run, not even at 20)
I think that's why I wasn't too worried about this year. The only reason I care about 40 is because I really want a fun party with family and friends that I didn't plan. I don't even really care if it's about me - I just want a fun time.
Let me tell you what I AM struggling with. My son growing up. He got married and is having a baby. I'm super excited about it but it's weird to sort of not have a place right now. Like I worry about what he's doing, when he'll be home, whether or not he's going on my vacation with me - random stuff like that. It's just an adjustment period.
Anway, I decided I better do this annual bucket list thing that I've done for the past five years. I mean if I did it for 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39, then why not do it for 40.
So here's the start of my list (thanks to a friend who helped me)
- Ride my bike around the rim at Crater Lake National Park (by the way, they have two vehicle free days this year just for this purpose and registration is free!)
- Fly a kite
- Read a book from every genre
- Learn to make a new dish
- Get a grown up coloring book and color the whole thing
- Eat a food I've never eaten before
- Take a yoga class
- make sangria
- dye my hair (or at least a part of it) a wild color
- Take my own photos and frame them
- Apply for a dream job I'm completely unqualified for
- Start a makeup club
- Incorporate swimming into a exercise routine for a little while
- become grandma (this is sort of me cheating..this is going to happen)
- Knit a pair of socks
- Make three Christmas gifts
- See Blake Shelton in concert
- Enter at least one item in the fair
Ok readers and friends - I need 22 more! HELP!! remember, cheap, kind of local, and no snakes!